Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Came and Christmas Went

Christmas is officially over. In a short period of 24 hours, Christmas came and Christmas went. It's hard to believe that we spend so much time preparing for this one day, and when it finally comes, it's over faster that we can blink!!! It will do the same thing in the years to come, but we will still do our hustling and bustling right up to the very last minute leading up to it. It still doesn't make it any less fun or meaningful, no matter how short it is!!

Our Christmas was short, but very fun and rewarding at the same time. My week started off with an ingrown toenail that hurt too badly to ignore, so I found a doctor on Tuesday who could see me right away. The numbing shots hurt extremely bad, but the procedure was over pretty quickly. By the time I came home from work that day, my toe hurt sooooooo badly! I couldn't believe how badly it throbbed and even the pain medicine they gave me did not do a thing!! Needless to say, I did not get any sleep that night due to the throbbing and burning in my toe!! We only had to work half a day on Christmas Eve, and I was so happy that I could get a short nap in before we had to go to my in-laws for dinner and present opening with them and my husband's grandparents. We got some awesome gifts and had an amazing dinner. After we left, my husband and I got home and exchanged our stockings. I was sooooo excited when I pulled out my Nintendo DS and four games to go along with it!!! This Christmas I decided to ask for things that I needed, rather than things that I wanted. My husband knew that I wanted a Nintendo DS, but I really needed clothes for work. So I spent my Christmas money on the things I needed, and so my hubby rewarded me with something that I wanted, which was the Nintendo DS!! I was super excited about it, and have picked out so many more games that I want! After we opened our stockings I had to soak my toe in Epsom salts and it seemed like the pain was finally starting to let up. Thankfully, that was the end of the pain and I got a great night's sleep!!!

Christmas morning we went to my in-laws again for breakfast, and then we headed to Decatur to spend the day with my family. We had an awesome visit and ate so much good food!! The day went by way too fast because the next thing we knew, it was time to head back home. We ate some leftovers last night and I played with the DS for a little while until I had to get to bed. Unfortunately I had to come to work this morning, but I am already looking forward to getting home to play :)

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas, and hopefully Santa was good to you all!!!

No comments: