Saturday, July 11, 2009

15 Weeks and Counting

15 Week Update from BabyCenter.com:

"Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds."


Today marks my 15 week kickoff! I must say that I'm feeling much better lately and the best part is that I have gotten my appetite back completely! Last weekend was the 4th of July and for the first time in many years, Justin did NOT have to work!! It was really nice for him knowing that he didn't have to wake up early and miss out on the fun. Friday night after dinner, we drove through a neighborhood that I am very familiar with and knew that a new sector was being built, and spent a while walking through the new constructions. We fell in love with one of the floor plans and it seemed it was all we could talk about that night! We love the area, the neighborhood, the school system...there really isn't much that we DON'T like! Since the houses are still in construction and we don't plan on buying for a few more months, it could be perfect timing for us. It's something that we need to find out some details on before we can really make a decision, but it was an exciting start to our weekend!

Saturday morning we woke up pretty early and I went straight to the kitchen to start cooking. For those of you who know me really well, you know I'm not a cook at all. But let me just say that I was a little Martha Stewart that morning! I had so much fun cooking dessert and deviled eggs (gross!) for our 4th of July/Family birthday party gathering that afternoon. The dessert was so yummy and apparently the eggs were pretty good too. That night we went to some friends house for another cookout. I ate sooo much all day long and that was when I really realized that my appetite had shown up again! It felt so good to eat whatever I wanted again!

My only complaint these last two weeks would be the HORRIBLE headaches I have started to get. I am not one to call in to work and I always hate doing it, no matter how badly I feel. I woke up last Wednesday morning and could not even get out of bed because my head hurt so badly. I have experienced many headaches in my life, especially with TMJ and having 3 jaw surgeries, but honestly, I have never felt a headache this bad in my entire life. I called the doctor and of course the headaches are "normal" with all of my hormones going crazy right now. The only thing they were concerned about was my blood pressure. Later in the morning I drug myself out of bed and to a pharmacy to check my BP. It was normal so there was no need to worry. Luckily the headache was gone the next day but showed up again this past Monday. It was a bad day for a headache because, even though I was off work, one of my best friends was in town from Tennessee and we planned to do some baby shopping together (she is 6 months pregnant!!). I felt pretty bad throughout the day but tried to fight through it so as not to ruin our time together. I really thought it would be gone by Tuesday, and although it felt a little better, by Tuesday night I was almost in tears. I went to bed pretty early since I don't feel the pain when I'm asleep. I really don't think I can deal with this for another 5 months!!! I know I have no choice but it is going to make it really freakin' hard for me!

We go back to the doctor on Wednesday for our 16 week appointment. I'm sure it will be pretty uneventful and the only excitement will come from hearing our baby's heartbeat again! Then only 4 more weeks and we can find out what the sex is. I am so excited to finally know!!

First belly pic below - 15 weeks!!

No comments: