Sunday, December 20, 2009

Still Waiting

38 Week Update from BabyCenter.com:

"Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)"


Well, no Austin yet. We're still waiting. So much for me thinking he was coming by today!! I guess we'll see how much, if any, my body has changed to prepare for his arrival on Tuesday when I see the doctor again. I had moved up 0.5 a centimeter at the doctor's visit last week to 2.5 cm, so maybe we're making some progress. I did NOT like the doctor I saw last week. She was the final doctor in the rotation and quite frankly, I am pretty happy Austin didn't come this weekend since she was the on-call doctor. I would not have liked her delivering my baby. Not that she isn't a great doctor....I'm sure she is. She's just a great doctor for someone else, not me and my personality. We just didn't mesh well and I don't like being made to feel stupid in a situation that is brand new to me and I know nothing about. Okay, enough about that...

Austin's room is just begging for him to take it over!! Justin has already put the carseat in my car, the stroller is out and ready for use so all that's missing is our precious baby boy!! I am so ready for him to get here and so ready for pregnancy to be over. I hate to say that because it really has been a joyful experience...until about two weeks ago! How great would it be if pregnancy was only eight months long, and this last month of miserable-ness just didn't exist?!

The contractions are still coming, sometimes very regular and other times not. Tuesday night I was up for about four hours with them, laying in bed and timing them and unable to fall back asleep b/c of being uncomfortable. They were coming every six minutes but never progressed to anything stronger like real labor pains are supposed to feel like. Every time I get a contraction, I can't help but think - Is this it?? Is this the one that lets me know that labor has started and the time has come?! But, no such luck just yet. Hopefully soon though!!

Congrats to Melinda, Justin and baby Evan Graham, as well as Jennifer, Jimmy and baby James Whit - both babies were born Friday and I'm so happy for these sweet families and their new bundles of joy!

No comments: