Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's GAMEDAY!!!

36 Week Update from BabyCenter.com:

"Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly."


Hard to believe I only have four weeks to go - and that I'm almost considered full term!! At my checkup this week, the doctor informed me that nothing was happening as of now and it looks like I have a ways to go. Great! Just what I wanted to hear! I know it's still early but a little progression would be nice! As much as I have loved being pregnant, it's beginning to be very uncomfortable and sleeping is so out of the question. My hips hurt, my back hurts, my stomach burns if I stay slouched over (due to my gallbladder surgery mishap), the heartburn is an everyday, after every meal occurrence now and I feel as if I'm carrying around a bowling ball!! But I'm not complaining!! :)

Justin is painting the nursery tomorrow while I'm in Decatur for a shower, and as soon as the crib arrives, we can begin setting everything up. A little late to be getting started but since we just moved in two weeks ago, we haven't had much of a choice! I'm so ready to get his nursery ready and get his clothes washed and hung up. He is going to love all his cute outfits!

Today is a BIG day for Tide Fans! I'm playing on the internet, writing thank you cards...doing anything I can to pass the time until 3:00 gets here! It's crazy that it's been a year since Justin and I were in Atlanta for this very same game against Florida. I'm hoping that today we have a different outcome than we did a year ago! If we win, we'll be headed to Pasadena for the National Championship game. I just hope Austin has made his appearance by January 7 so that his first Tide game will be the biggest one of the year! I would hate for him to miss this! Not to mention he has some great UA and Houndstooth clothing to sport for the occasion! I've heard all the Auburn fans cheering on Florida and Tebow this week...makes me wonder if they'll be cheering for Texas if we win tonight. I would hope that they would cheer for their own conference but I wouldn't be surprised. Anyways, all I'm gonna say about today's game is...May the best team win. And please Lord, let that be Alabama! ROLL TIDE!!!

No comments: