Saturday, November 28, 2009

Moving In

35 Week Update from BabyCenter.com:

"Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight."


We are finally moved in to our house!! Yes, there are still a ton of boxes everywhere. Yes, we still have a lot of unpacking to do. Yes, we have so many things to buy and are continuously making trips to Wal-Mart and Home Depot. But who cares....we're finally home.

We moved in last Saturday and were very fortunate to have so many friends here to help us (thanks to all of you!). The boys did the heavy lifting/moving and the girls helped me unpack boxes, set up the kitchen, master bedroom and bathroom. We actually haven't touched a single box since then until today! When Sunday morning rolled around, it took all we had just to get out of bed!!! My body hurt, Justin's body hurt and we were just so exhausted. After about 30 minutes in Home Depot Sunday morning, I was begging Justin to go home so I could get off my feet because they had already started hurting. We haven't had much motivation this week to get things done....we really just wanted to enjoy the first few days of being in our house and getting acquainted with it.

We had a great Thanksgiving and ate so much good food! We went to be with my family for lunch and left around 4:00 to get back to Birmingham for dinner with Justin's family. Normally we go straight to Hattiesburg after lunch to spend the weekend at Justin's grandparents, but since I had to work on Friday, we had dinner with his parents, aunt and uncle, then came straight home. I love the holiday's...I love seeing my family and spending time with them. The Vest family (my mom's side) is pretty big, as my mom has three sisters and one brother who all give kids and grandkids of their own. We always have a packed house but it makes it so special to me that we all still get together and enjoy being with each other. Not to mention the food is always amazing!

I did not enjoy having to go to work on Friday. I mean, who wants to work during the freakin' Iron Bowl?!?! Luckily some people had some up a projector screen and were able to broadcast the game in the enormous file room on our floor, so I did get to see the entire first quarter and bits and pieces after that. There were radios and laptops set up all over the floor that were also broadcasting the game, so even when I had to sit at my desk, I was still able to keep up with the game. I'm so happy that Alabama won and we have gone 12-0 two years in a row now! The game was intense and very nerve-racking, but usually that's the way the Iron Bowl goes. We pulled it out and that's all that matters. Now, time to focus on Florida and winning the SEC Championship. I can't imagine how nervous I will feel this time next week!!!

Well, as much as I love updating the blog (which I have to add I'm doing from my awesome sunroom off of our master bedroom, which looks out over our 1+ acre backyard full of trees, squirrels and blue skies), there is so much I need to get done today so it's back to unpacking for me. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and stuffed yourselves as much as I did!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You have to post some pictures of your new house!!!