Monday, November 9, 2009

House? Check. Baby? Getting Closer...

32 Week Update from BabyCenter.com:

"By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth."


I’m so behind on updating the blog!! We’ve just had so much going on lately and unfortunately it’s been put on the back-burner. I guess I need to back up to the last week of October and give a full update on everything house related!

Justin and I went to my 31 week checkup on Tuesday, October 27 and got to meet another doctor in the practice, whom I really liked. So far I have seen 3 of the 5 doctors there and I'm hoping that one of those is not on-call when I go into labor. I really, really did not like him and would hate to have him deliver my son. After the checkup, we had breakfast and then went to the attorney’s office for closing. It honestly could not have gone better! We had heard so many horror stories and I was really worried that something was going to go wrong. Yes, we signed a lot of documents, but that was expected – we actually left going, "Is that it?! That wasn’t that bad!! Are we seriously homeowners after just an hour of signing a thousand documents?!" It was a great feeling and we’re thrilled at this exciting new time in our lives!!

I don’t think we did much that weekend except for pack. I spent almost all day Saturday and Sunday packing up everything I possibly could. I thought I would go insane at all the boxes everywhere! We’ve finally gotten the bed in the guest bedroom taken apart and now that we have the mattress/box springs standing up against the wall, we have a ton of floor space that is now home to all of the boxes that have been packed. I will be glad to not live among boxes anymore.

This past Friday we had our 4-D ultrasound which was so awesome! I was a little nervous because we waited until the last possible week to have it done. If Austin had chosen not to cooperate, we were pretty much out $125 AND another chance to see him again in 4-D. So, I’m really thankful that it turned out well. He is weighing in at four pounds and four ounces. He kept his left hand up at his face almost the entire time though, so he made it difficult to get some good pictures. There were a few minutes where he had his foot up there too and it looked like his toes were up his nose! He played with his foot a lot and reminded me of a little monkey in there! He looks just like his daddy…he’s got Justin’s lips and nose, and we could see that he’s already got some hair!! I would guess that the old wives tale about the heartburn meaning the baby will be born with a lot of hair is true in my case…the heartburn has gotten worse and I am not enjoying it! He also has these great big fat, chubby cheeks that are just so cute and made me laugh the whole time!! I can’t wait to see him in person! We’re working on getting the pictures scanned in so I’ll post them as soon as we do!

And I just have to add.....ROLL TIDE!!! We are headed to Atlanta for the SEC Championship in December, as we clinched the West against LSU Saturday night!!!

No comments: