Sunday, November 15, 2009

One Week From Today!!

33 Week Update from BabyCenter.com:

"This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood."


Sooo, one week from today we will be settling into our new house! I can't wait to get there and get things unpacked and ready to go. We are doing the final walk-through on Wednesday night, then Justin will start taking small items and boxes over there on Thursday and Friday. All of the utilities are set to be hooked up on Friday, with the exception of cable which is on Saturday morning. We're hoping that Friday night will be our first night in the house! Saturday is the big moving day and we'll have lots of friends coming to help us!

I am finally getting around to posting some pictures from the Vinson Family Celebration we had back in October with about ten of our friends. Sorry it took so long but there have been waaaaaay too many things going on right now!


The delicious and super cute cake from Edgars!

Beth Ann, who did a great job on the event!

Aunt Beth Ann and Uncle Scottie



Excited about the "Boudreaux's Butt Paste"!

Gifts from Jody and Jennifer

Gifts from Scott and Laura

Gifts from Scottie and Beth Ann

Today was my baby shower in Birmingham! It was lots of fun and we had a great turnout. Thanks a million to Jennifer N, Lindsay, Meagan, Jennifer B and Brooke. Ya'll did an amazing job and everything was perfect! Unfortunately, I only got a few pictures with my camera so I'm only able to post the ones that I have until I get the pics from other people that were there!

Hostesses (minus Brooke)

Phi Mu girls

And finally, the latest belly pics - one from last week at 32 weeks and one from today at 33 weeks. I really have no pregnancy complaints but I have been growing significantly in the belly area the last few weeks! There are days when I can feel my stomach stretching and it's very uncomfortable. It's harder to get up off the couch and to get out of bed (which is really annoying during the eight trips I have to take to the bathroom in the middle of the night and I don't have Justin's assistance to help me up!). I get tired quicker than I did a few months ago, but I'm listening to my body when it tells me it needs a break. Oh yes, and the heartburn/indigestion. It would probably be easier on me if I had these problems before, but they are very new for me and I do not enjoy it at all.


32 Weeks

33 Weeks

I will close with some amazing news - Nikki's tumors are shrinking and her numbers are down!!! How amazing is that?! The tumor in her stomach and the tumor on her liver have both shrunk, and the hole in her stomach has closed up! She is feeling better and will continue with the oral chemo for now. I was soooo happy and excited when I read this news!! It's now been two years since her first operation and I can't imagine what this journey has been like. It is clear that the power of prayer is real, so please keep praying for her!!!

No comments: