Monday, June 23, 2008

The Time Has Come!

I have been meaning to start this blog for some time now, but for some reason I just haven't gotten around to it. I have actually been blogging on my MySpace account for some time now, but I also wanted something else out there for everyone to see, not just MySpace members! So here it is.....FINALLY!

Life as I know it right now is not so good. Things have been pretty rough for me for the last couple of months, starting on March 31 when I had my last day at an amazing job that I loved. Unfortunately, the company was going through some major lay-offs, and as I was the newest one in my department, it was my job that was eliminated. Originally I thought that I could potentially come out better from all of it, but now I'm starting to wonder why in the world I ever thought such a thing!! April was a busy month...my best friend got married, I had a minor surgical procedure done, did some traveling with my husband and friends and also went to UA's A-Day game. Then the first of May rolled around and I had my 3rd major jaw surgery. I've had TMJ for well over 10 years now and hopefully after this surgery it will all be over!! I was wired shut for a few weeks and I still have some wiring and metal throughout my mouth, but that will all come out on July 11!! I am so excited!

So needless to say my job search was somewhat delayed. And now, it has just completely stalled. I have been feeling extremely down and depressed, and my lack of a job was beginning to create some financial trouble with my husband, Justin, and I. Things like that can really start to take a toll on your emotions, and trust me, mine were feeling it full force!!

But, today...things have started to look up. I met with a second recruiter on Friday and was so happy to hear from her today b/c she got me an interview set up tomorrow morning at 11:00. I am sooooo happy and extremely excited about the position and the company. I hope this is the turning point that I needed and the faintest of light at the end of this long tunnel. I am putting my complete trust in God at this point, and I hope He is leading me in the right direction. Prayers are always welcome :)

I will update soon, hopefully with some good news!!

No comments: