Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and ROLL TIDE!!!

I honestly cannot believe that Thanksgiving is here, and that football season is almost over!!! Didn't it just begin?!? What an exciting week this should be though...visiting family and eating the best food in the world for Thanksgiving, then hopefully watching the Tide end this ridiculous losing streak against Auburn!!!

First I guess I will update on what we've been up to lately - Last weekend my husband and I went to visit my best friend and her husband in Huntsville. We went to a hockey game Friday night which was so much fun!! I had never been to one before and I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy it. Let's just say that I am already wanting to go back!! We had the best time and it was such a fun atmosphere!! Saturday we spent most of the day grilling ribs, wings and everything else possible! We watched football all day and played the new Guitar Hero!! Another best friend from high school came over Saturday night for a little while and we all had fun being silly and playing Guitar Hero! Sunday we stopped by to visit my mom and brother on our way home and it was really nice to see them. It had been a while since I had seen either of them so it was a short but great visit.

My stomach is pretty much back to normal since my surgery. I had a check up not too long ago and the surgeon said that as long as I don't have any other problems, there was no need to see him anymore!! I'm so happy that things have started getting normal again, but I have had to eliminate some things out of my diet. The hardest thing so far is pizza - it is just too greasy for my stomach to handle now, which is so depressing because who doesn't love pizza?!?! Coincidentally, that is the meal that I ate the night I was put into the hospital so maybe that was a sign???

I do have some VERY EXCITING news to share - I would have shared the news as soon as I heard but as you can see I have not been very good at updating my blog this past month!!! My friend Nikki who has been battling cancer for about a year now is CANCER FREE!!!! Yes, can you believe it?!?! I was so thrilled when I found out!! Her scan that she had at the end of October showed NO tumors!!! So now she is officially in remission which is such great news!! She still has a couple more rounds of chemo to go, but she should be completely finished with treatment soon. She said that the first year of remission is the hardest because that is when there are the most relapses. She still needs our prayer because she needs to be cancer-free for the next 5 years before she is officially "cured". Please continue to keep her in your prayers....as you can see, the prayers are being answered so don't stop praying!!! Thank you so much to those who have prayed...your voices are being heard. God is so good!!!

I am so nervous about our game this weekend - it's only the biggest game of our regular season!!! We are officially playing Florida in the SEC Championship game, but I can't even begin to stress about that game until we get Auburn under our belt!! We will be coming from Mississippi on Saturday headed towards Tuscaloosa. As of now we do not have tickets, but hopefully something will change before Saturday! Who knows, we might just stop there on our way home and visit Tuscaloosa friends and search for tickets!! We do have tickets to the SEC Championship game (thanks Aunt Judy and Uncle Fred!!) so I am very excited about that! The last SEC Championship game I went to was in 1999 when we beat Florida - I'm hoping for a repeat of that game!!!! ROLL TIDE!!

I hope everyone has a great holiday week and a food-filled Thanksgiving!! Please be safe in your travels and remember to give all thanks to God!!! And of course, ROLL TIDE!!

No comments: