Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Daddy's Turn


24 Week Update from BabyCenter.com:
"Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon."


Not much to report this week except that Justin finally felt his son moving for the first time! I was lying in bed Friday night when he started his nightly ritual of moving and shaking. I just knew that Justin would be able to feel him and as soon as he put his hand on my belly, Austin gave him about six good kicks or punches right underneath his hand!! It was really exciting! Then on Saturday I was on the couch reading and I had my book propped up on my belly. All of a sudden my book started bouncing! I called Justin over and lifted up my shirt and we just watched him going to town! My stomach was jumping and jerking like crazy!! It was really cool to watch and I can't imagine how those movements will look in a few months! I'm sure it looks like an alien has possessed your body (that's what I hear anyways).

Hope you are all having a great week! Here is a pic that was taken Friday at work - I was amazed at how big my belly looked!!

No comments: