Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Stomach has the Hiccups!


26 Week Update from BabyCenter.com:
"The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days."


Well, it's been a pretty long week and an even shorter weekend - whoever decided we should work for five days and only be off two should really be shot!! Last weekend was really nice though, even though it was also short. We went to Tennessee to visit our friends Marsha and Jeff and their kids Micah and Jenna. Their upcoming arrival, Baby Alex, will be making her appearance in about three weeks so we wanted to get up there and spend some time with them before things got really crazy in their house. We also stopped by and spent some time with my mom and brother on Sunday since her birthday was on Tuesday. It was really great to see her, even though the visit was short.

This week we put an offer on a house. The counter offers have been going on all week and I think we are about 99% close to making the deal final. We're meeting with the owners tomorrow night to sign the contract, unless we hear otherwise. It's been pretty stressful and an experience that I have not enjoyed in any way. The good thing is, I know that we'll be in this house for a really long time so it will be a while before we have to do this kind of negotiating again. I'll be very glad when this whole thing is over, and will really be thankful when closing day arrives. It's hard to believe that we are so close to owning this house, and I'm trying not to let myself get too excited because you just never know what could happen between now and closing day. We are hoping to close on or about October 27 - exactly one month from today!!! Scary....but very exciting!

Austin has been moving around like crazy!! It's funny to sit there and watch my belly moving and jumping and I feel like I could just stare at it forever! Justin went to the Bama game yesterday and I watched the game from the couch. During the 2nd quarter, it was almost as if Austin knew what was going on in the game. He did not stop moving the entire time!! We've already got us a little Bama fan!!! I'm pretty sure he got the hiccups too, because he was jerking in the same rhythm and did it about 15 times in a row! It was too funny!!!

I would like to also share with you that Nikki received some news here recently that the doctors discovered a small hole near her duodenum during an endoscope. They sent her for a CT scan, which showed that there is a large growth that came from her liver and grew into her stomach. She has been told that the surgery to remove it would be so extensive that she wouldn't survive it. She has started radiation and they have mentioned her participating in a clinical trial. The radiation has her very tired and she has also been running fevers. I just couldn't believe this when I read it - her 28th birthday was Monday. It's still just so hard to believe what she is going through. I am so amazed at how strong she's been throughout this entire journey. Please, please keep her in your prayers. I hate being so far away and knowing that praying is all that I can do. But if it's really all I can do, I'm gonna do it and I'm gonna do as often as possible. Please join me in doing the same.

I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: