Monday, September 7, 2009

September and Football and Baby, Oh My!!


23 Week Update from BabyCenter.com:

"Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb."


I'm so amazed that I'm starting my 6th month already! I can't believe how fast it's gone by lately. I'm also amazed that it is September and football season has finally started!! The fall always seems to fly by because of football season so I know that I really need to savor these next few months, because they will be over before I know it! After reading this week's baby update, it made me glad to know that Austin can already hear the sounds of Alabama football - we're getting him broken in already!!

Last Saturday night we went to an engagement party for our best friends Scott and Beth Ann. Justin and I are both in their wedding in March and could not be happier for this couple! They are so amazing and such wonderful friends, and we are so honored to be a part of this special time with them. I did have to miss my 10 year high school reunion last weekend which was kinda sad. I have been looking forward to it for so long now, but I felt that being with Scottie and BA for their party would mean a lot more in the long run. At least I have a 15 year reunion to look forward to now!

The week was pretty uneventful and work has been going great. I'm really loving my job and getting back into the swing of things. It's so comfortable and laid back and it's so nice hanging up the phone without tears streaming down my face or cuss words coming out of my mouth!! It's been a great change and something that I really needed.

Justin was out of town from Sunday until Thursday, and I'm so glad he made it home by Thursday since it was his 29th birthday! He really couldn't believe that he is now 29 and one year away from 30!! That night was really nice..first off just having him home was nice, but also because college football finally kicked off and I don't think I could have given him a better birthday present than that!! We ordered pizza and took over the couch for a couple of hours, enjoying the sights and sounds of football. By the time Saturday rolled around, it was almost impossible to believe that Alabama would be kicking off that night. You wait so long for something, and when it finally arrives, it's almost hard to believe that it's finally here!! That's how we felt all day! It felt good to watch GameDay again and it felt even better when they talked about Alabama! We went to a friends to watch the game and eat, and life couldn't have been better! We could have played better, especially in the first half, but hey - we pulled out a W and that's really all that matters! I really can't wait for next weekend since we'll be back in Tuscaloosa for a REAL Game Day!!!

Yesterday was also great - we spent some time with our friends Jeff, Marsha and their daughter Jenna. We also went to look at a house that we are really hoping to get! It has everything we've been wanting in a house and it just feels like this is the house for us. Ironically, it was Marsha that put us in touch with the owner, as they have been friends since middle school. I'm really, really hoping that all works out with this house!!!

Hope everyone has had a great Labor Day! ROLL TIDE!!!

***The pic below is from two weeks ago when I was 21 weeks. It's the latest one I've taken and I forgot to post it then!

No comments: