Sunday, October 25, 2009

Catching Up...

30 Week Update from BabyCenter.com:

"Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)"


Unbelievable - I am 10 weeks away from meeting this amazing human life we have created! It's hard to believe that this time next week I'll be in the single digits of weeks left to go. Man, things are just moving right along!

Before going into what lies ahead of us this week, I'll back track for a second to give a quick recap of the last two weeks. One of my best friends, Marsha, had her baby girl on Thursday, October 8. I got to spend some time with them last weekend in Tennessee and got to meet Alexis Jordan for the first time. She is the cutest, sweetest baby!! She's got these great, squishy cheeks that you just wanna pinch! I think she cried two times the whole time I was there which was really impressive to me! She ate a lot, slept even more and dirtied many diapers! It was so awesome to hold that newborn baby and let her sleep on my chest and cuddle her. It made me realize how close we are to doing that with our own little one!

Alex

I also spent a night with my mom and brother, which is always nice. We don't get to spend much time together so it was great getting to visit with them. Even though it was short, it was well worth it. I stopped and saw my best friend, Jenn, and her hubby on Sunday and got a couple more baby items that she got for Austin!

This past week was pretty low-key, just going through the motions of every day life. Yesterday, however, got a little hairy. And yes, it was the "3rd Saturday in October", which means Alabama and Tennessee met up for their yearly match up. The game was in Tuscaloosa this year and as much as we wanted to go, it's probably a good thing we didn't because the ending of the game would have surely put me into early labor! I am amazed that we won that game, literally in the final seconds by blocking a field goal. We haven't been playing our best these last few weeks, and with this being a very deep rooted rivalry, I really thought we would have played better than we did. I'm just thankful that we pulled out a win and didn't throw our season away with one play. We watched part of the game at home, then the rest with some friends. There were about 10 of us that got together to watch the Auburn game and eat some yummy food. We had a great time, even though we were the only Bama fans there and Auburn did not exactly play very well.

Today, we are baby-sitting!! Our friends are going to a wedding this afternoon and we're going to be hanging out with their 11 month old, Amy Grace! She's a sweet, easy going baby and we love getting to see her so I know we'll have a fun afternoon! Her dad and Justin are already scheming and trying to plan an arranged marriage between her and Austin! With all of my friends having little girls, it appears Austin is on his way to becoming a ladies man!

We have a big week ahead of us - well, I guess I should say a big day on Tuesday. We are going to my 31 week checkup at the doctor at 8:00, then on to our closing at 10:00! I can't believe the day is finally upon us! We are SOOO excited and can't wait to actually move in! We've got about three more weeks before we move in but it will really be here before we know it!!

Here is my latest belly pic, taken yesterday at 30 weeks! Austin's movements have changed a little, and I don't feel very many jabs and kicks anymore. Now his movements feel very fluid and I can feel little body parts underneath my hands!! It's so amazing to feel and even weirder to see it! We'll look down and see this ripple across my belly! I'm not sure yet which body parts I feel, probably elbows and knees, but it is such a cool feeling!

I hope everyone is enjoying this fall weather! And get started on that Christmas shopping - it may seem early but it's only nine weeks away!!! I don't know how much we're going to be doing as far as Christmas shopping, but I can promise you the pregnancy will not hinder my holiday eating! I plan to stuff myself silly this year, so watch out Thanksgiving!!

No comments: