Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Third Trimester - Already?!?!

28 Week Update from BabyCenter.com:

"By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world."


I seriously cannot believe I am in my 3rd trimester already (or that I'm carrying around a Chinese cabbage in my belly)! It has really flown by - even looking back when I felt like it was going so slow, it's almost hard to believe I ever felt that way! We have so many changes coming our way, I'm amazed that I haven't had a mental breakdown yet!

I'm assuming I passed my sugar test since I haven't heard back from the doctor about it. I had the abdominal/kidney ultrasound done Monday morning and of course that came back normal - I knew it would. I knew it was a waste of time but try telling a doctor that. It's going to take an endoscopy to see the problem, which is obviously not going to happen any time soon. So now I'm just doing my best to deal with the pain.

Sleeping is getting harder. I'm so paranoid about sleeping on my back, it keeps me from sleeping at all! Then when I do sleep, either my hips start hurting from being on my side or the pain in my stomach wakes me up. It's pretty annoying, but this too shall pass. Hey, only 3 more months right? I can make it.... I keep telling myself that, and even though I have no choice but to believe it, it doesn't make it any easier.

So we are set to close on the house October 27 - less than 2 weeks from now! I can't believe it! We really have a lot of packing to do, but we still have plenty of time to do it since we won't move until November 21. It almost makes it harder to seem real when you close a month before you move, but I know those last few weeks will go by so fast. I've got my 31 week appointment and closing on the same day, then the next week we'll get to see Baby Austin in 4-D! I'm super pumped about that and just really hope that he cooperates enough for Mommy and Daddy to get a good glimpse of our baby boy up close and personal! He is extremely active in my belly and has got some pretty strong limbs. He definitely throws a good punch already and has got some kicks that would make Chuck Norris pretty dang jealous. All in all, it feels like we have a strong, healthy baby boy in there!

Here are some of the latest belly pics from a few weeks ago!

26 Weeks

27 Weeks

No comments: