Thursday, October 8, 2009

Weekend Update

Well, I just got back from the doctor's office - I won't know the results of my sugar test until tomorrow or Monday. I had heard how awful that drink tastes, but it actually wasn't so bad to me!! It reminded me of those orange drinks you got in elementary school, when you had the choice between orange "juice" or chocolate milk. I told the doctor about the stomach pain I've been having, which I think is all due to my gallbladder removal this time last year. The pain has gotten significantly worse in the last few months, and it's in my stomach and in my back. The pain wakes me up in the middle of the night and keeps me awake, which is really frustrating. I really didn't think it would make a difference to tell her about it because I know they can not check to find out what the problem is until after Austin is born. But she decided to order an abdominal and kidney ultrasound and also did some blood work to check my liver enzymes. My ultrasound is Monday morning so we'll see...

This past weekend we had a get together with a few close friends to eat, drink (well not me of course!) and watch football. We wanted to plan something like this so that we would have some time to spend with these friends before Austin comes and turns our lives upside down! It was meant to be a "Vinson Family Celebration" and I really didn't want it to be a "shower" where people felt obligated to bring gifts. So we were very shocked and so excited that we got some presents!! They catered BBQ, got an awesome cake from Edgars and had very cute decorations. Austin got tons of onesies, hats and socks, we got our diaper bag, some hangers, outlet covers, sleepers, and a few more odds and ends. It was really awesome to spend time with everyone and we're so grateful for the gifts! I will post some pics as soon as I get them uploaded!

This weekend we are going to the Widespread Panic/Allman Brothers concert on Saturday night. Some friends are coming in from Tuscaloosa to "tailgate" and watch the Bama game before we go. I'm so excited!!!

The house procedures are going great...the inspection was done Monday, and it turned out really good. We're having the appraisal done this coming Monday and we're still set to close on October 27! I just can't believe we're so close to the end now!! We are BEYOND excited about it!

No comments: