Monday, November 21, 2011

Goodbye Paci!!

The Saturday of the Bama vs. LSU game (November 6), Austin was eating a late lunch that afternoon. Normally after he would finish and I would get him cleaned up, he would get his paci back. I don’t know why, but I decided to see what would happen if I just didn’t give it back. I knew the next weekend we were going to have family pictures made (pictures to come later), and I kept getting worried about him taking pictures without the paci and whether or not he would fuss at all. Sometimes he’s okay without it for a short period of time, other times he has GOT to have it. So I thought, why not? Now is as good a time as any, and we said by the time he was two we would get rid of it for good. Actually, the original plan was by the time he turned one… yeah, see how well that worked out?! (Kinda hard to take his paci when he had NO teeth and chewing on it was his ONLY relief!)

I couldn’t believe it, but we went the entire rest of the day without it and he got it back at bedtime. The next day, he woke up and after he finished breakfast, we asked for the paci and he handed it right over. It has been that way ever since, and he even took a couple of naps without it at school! This morning, he offered it up to us without us even having to ask for it.

He got two new molars in two weekends ago and seemed to handle them without the paci just fine. So three weeks of no paci down! Our next goal will be naps without the paci and finally bedtime. I dread that transition already! This part was too easy…surely we’re in for some cries of protests soon.

No comments: