Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Week of Changes

19 Week Update from BabyCenter.com:

"Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on his skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid."


I can't believe how much has happened this week! The week started off with feeling BV move for the first time! I still can't believe how incredible the feeling is. I have felt it moving off and on this week, mostly at night - I still smile very big every time I feel it!

Then on Thursday I received a job offer that I absolutely couldn't refuse! I will be going back to Regions to work in my old position in the mortgage department. The opportunity kinda came out of nowhere - basically I got a call one day from a recruiter at Regions, and he wanted to know if I was interested in the opening. Let me preface this by saying how stressed out I've been lately about many things that pertain to my current job. Our insurance is changing and the amount I will be paying once the baby comes was completely outrageous - although Justin tells me not to worry about it, that is easier said than done for me. I have worried about it since I found out and was just really stressed out about what we were going to do. Not to mention the job in itself is pretty stressful, and things have been especially hard for me to deal with since I have a heart condition and extreme anxiety. Normally those things can be combated with medication, but not so when you're pregnant. I have been worried about what the stress has been doing to my body, and my baby, and the more I worry over that, the higher the stress level goes. So when I got this phone call, it felt like an immediate answer to prayers. The job was put in front of me without me even looking for it - another reason why I felt I could not pass this opportunity up. I didn't feel that God would put this opportunity in my lap if He didn't want me to take it. Sooo, after telling the recruiter that I was interested, he began to tell me about the changes that have taken place in the department since I left. One of those changes being the salary! I couldn't believe how much the salary had gone up since I left! Regions has got some great benefits that are hard to find in a small company like the one I've been working for this last year. Knowing these benefits and how they were going to make life so much easier for my family, there was no question in my mind what I had to do. I went through the formalities of talking to the manager, going through a background check and drug screening, and I received the formal offer on Thursday! My first day will be August 24!!!

In other news, we find out the sex on Thursday!! FINALLY! I'm so tired of calling BV an "it"!! It will finally have an identity and a name! Our parents are going with us to the ultrasound so it should be a really exciting day!

1 comment:

Alice said...

What an exciting week for you Tiffany!!! Congrats on the new job!!! Can't wait to find out whether ya'll are having a boy or girl!!!!