Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So Far, So Good

Well, two days into the job and so far, so good! The drive has been excellent and I've gone home for lunch both days (something I haven't done in a looong time!). I know it has only been two days but you can usually tell pretty quickly if you're gonna dislike the job, and I feel quite the opposite! I think it will be a job that I really enjoy, and I am excited about working in a small office with a small amount of people. I've always worked in a corporation so the atmosphere is completely different!

My wires came out Friday, and after I slept off the sedation, I was hurting and aching pretty bad. My gums are extremely sore and they just throb! I've been taking my pain medicine which just really throws me out of whack! I didn't sleep well the first night ~ I woke up wide awake at about 1am and read my book and watched TV, and by 6am I was up, showered and at Wal-Mart!! I've since cut back on my medicine and I've been sleeping much better!

I also want to give a quick update on Nikki ~ and it's good news!! She got a call from her nurse today and her tumor counts are DOWN!!! So hopefully this means that the new chemo is working! She has an appointment with her doc on Friday and hopefully the good news will continue to pour in!

Below I'm going to post a "before" pic from Friday ~ this is what I've been dealing with since the beginning of May! Then I've got a couple of random pictures to post as well. Hope everyone had a great weekend!



METAL, METAL, METAL!!!


My Mom and I


Justin and I at a Panic show!!

No comments: